Philosophy of Teaching
- "It is my belief that everything is personal and in teaching everything should be made personal."
- "Educators need to teach to the students, instead of teaching at them."
- "The teaching that occurs is not only personal, but also personalized."
- "I will always strive to provide the best teaching to suit a student’s learning style, but I believe students should be challenged occasionally to learn when it might be uncomfortable for them."
- "In teaching, the educator should not only be able to identify their current progress, but also judge their potential."
- "Students are not objects; they are people. People come with a history, a story, emotions, a personality, views, and prior knowledge."
- "By drawing upon previous knowledge, students can build upon it to construct a skyscraper of knowledge that is indestructible."
- "We teach to best suit our students, but every student gets to experience other ways of learning and other subjects. Students should have a wide variety of experience so that they may determine what is best for them."
The entire Philosophy of Teaching can be found here.
Philosophy of Music Education
- "It is my belief that Music Education should be a pathway for students to learn and grow as musicians, as well as a key component in their growth as individuals."
- "Knowledge gained from Music Education should not only build upon the student’s other musical knowledge, but also benefit and relate to their life outside of music."
The entire Philosophy of Music Education can be found here.